Admission is done through competition test known as JNVST conducted by CBSE and Students are admitted in class VIth. The test consists the objective questions on reasoning, mathematics and language. It is Logically non-verbal and objective in nature and designed so that rural talented students are able to compete without suffering any disadvantage.
In order to optionally utilize infrastructure facilities, available vacant seats at class IXth level are filled by selection test on the basis of class VIIIth syllabus. Medium of test is Hindi /English as per choice of applicants. Vacant seats of class XIth are filled on the basis of class Xth merit.
As per scheme maximum of 80 students are admitted in class VIth every year.
- 1. A candidate appearing for selection test must be studying in class VIth in Govt./ Govt. aided or other recognized school of the district.
- 2. Age 9-13 year on Ist may of year of admission for which selection test is conducted and it is applicable for all categories.
- 3. Candidate applying for rural quota must have passed class III, IV,V from school located in rural area in the preceding 3 continuous academic session without any repetition, gap or break.
- 4. No candidate is allowed to appear in selection test for the second time under any circumstances.
- For Students of Rural Area: 75%
- For Students of Urban Area: 25%
- For Girls Students: 33%
- For SC Students: 15%
- For ST Students: 7.5%
- For Ph Students: 3%