The main objective of these jawahar navodaya vidyalaya is to provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of moral values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas, irrespective to their family’s socio-economic condition. It is proposed to fill up vacant seats available in Class-XI in jawahar navodaya vidyalaya.
Applications are accordingly invited from eligible students for admission to Class XI against the vacant seats likely to be available in JNVs during the academic year 2016-17. Admission will be made on the basis of performance of students in Class X Board Examinations conducted by CBSE / State Education Board
- Students seeking admission to Class XI shall be within the age limit up to 14-18 years as on July 1, 2016
- The candidate must have passed Class X from a recognized school (affiliated to CBSE or any other State Education Board) of the district where the JNV is located during the academic session 2015-16.
- The merit list will be prepared as per marks obtained by the applicant in Class X Board Exam and the admission will be given as per eligibility of candidate and the seats available in the JNVs concerned
- A common merit list will be prepared against all the existing vacancies at State level for admission to Class XI based on available vacancies from the district/nearby districts JNVs. Applicants must indicate his/her preference for admission in various JNVs in the State in which he/she is residing in his/her application form. Selected candidates from the District will be admitted in concerned JNV to the extent of available vacancies. For remaining candidates allocation of JNV will be made based on the list of available vacancies and preferences given by the candidates
- The candidates must have reasonable competency in English and Hindi.
The Prospectus-cum-Application form containing detailed instructions can be obtained free of cost from the office of Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and office of District and Block Education Officers of the District. Application forms can also be downloaded from NVS website http://www.navodaya.nic.in. Neatly typed and xeroxed copy of the application can also be used for applying.
Application forms complete in all respect should be submitted to the office of Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned District either through Registered Post or in person by ___________________________ (to be decided by RO).