In accordance with the National Policy of Education (1986), Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) all over the country except Tamil Nadu. These Vidyalayas are co-educational, residential in nature which are fully financed by Government of India and run by an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Though admission to these Vidyalayas is at Class VI level, but in order to make optimum use of infrastructure facilities available in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, the vacant seats at Class IX level are also proposed to be filled up through a Selection Test. While education in these Vidyalayas is free with the board, lodging, uniforms and textbooks upto Class-VIII, a nominal fee of Rs.200/- per month is collected from the children from IX to XII Class. However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and those from the families of below poverty line, are exempted from payment of fees.
In view of the need for optimum utilization of the infrastructure and facilities available in the Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill up the vacant seats in IX class through an All India level Selection Test. The district-wise vacant seats in the Vidyalayas have been separately notified in the local newspapers.
Vidyalaya wise vacant seats in class IX have already been notified. The eligible candidates may apply for their admission to class IX in the prescribed application form, which is attached with this Prospectus, and can be obtained free of cost from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district. The Application Form can also be downloaded from the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti website http://www.navodaya.nic.in
Application Form duly completed in all respect must reach the office of the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district through registered post A/D. If the candidate prefers to submit Application Form in person, he/she is required to get the acknowledgement receipt from the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Selection Test for admission to class IX will be conducted in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district.
Result of the Selection Test will be notified on the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published in selected local newspapers. Selected candidates will also be intimated by post.
- Only those candidates are eligible for the selection test who have studied or studying in Class VIII in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located.
- Candidates seeking admission must have not been born before 01.05.1991 and after 30.04.1995. This will apply to candidates of all categories including those belonging to SC/ST.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age in case of any doubt on age certificate produced by the candidate before the admission is given.
The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category are reserved for the SC/ST students as notified by the Regional Office/concerned Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- Mere qualifying in the selection test will not vest any right to secure admission in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya till the candidate produces all the relevant documents such as date of birth certificate, pass certificate of class VIII with mark sheet, SC/ST certificate etc. as prescribed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for their re-checking/re-totaling etc.
- Candidates will be considered for the admission only for that Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for the Selection Test.
- At the time of admission, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories will have to produce the required Scheduled Caste/Tribe Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the candidates.
Selection Test will consist of subject of Mathematics, General Science, Hindi and English. The level of the test paper shall be at par with Class VIII.
Duration of Examination : Three hours
Centre for Examination shall be in the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned.